What are we up against What are we up against

Definitely a soundtrack.

People need to understand that "Video Game" genre means the music is usually either a remix or a soundtrack. Soundtracks, like this one, are rarely impressive by themselves, but when put in a good game, they do wonders for the play experience. This one could really create the ambiance for a game one day.

yeajimmiboi responds:

Thanks man I appreciate that :)

Pushing Pushing

This aritst has proficient slicing skills.

When remixing a song, using a slicer tool is tricky to do right. I dont mean its a hard tool to use, i mean its hard to use as a musical technique PROPERLY. People always end up creating awkward rhythms. You, on the other hand, ardoinitrite.

Paused In Time Paused In Time

NOSTALGIA'D

This song REEKS of Half-life 2. Which is a good thing. I love the ambient/industrial mix you have going.

fireslice responds:

thanks ;)

Time Shift Time Shift

WHAA THAA ...

Good patch choices. I can tell you put some effort into the rhythmic patches around 1:45. Im a techie writer myself, so i KNOW when someone didn't just use presets.

fireslice responds:

thanks for your awesome review :)

Heir 2 The Throne Heir 2 The Throne

Repetitive, but still good

Bit more tone variation would do wonders for this piece.

Super (sample) Super (sample)

I can see potential.

The other guy is right, there is a lot going on, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. If this gets more progress, i could easily see this used in some sort of a game.

Nyveus Nyveus

Good piece of work.

The synths here flow very cleanly, and I always pay attention to that in techie tunes.
Don't know bout you, but I can very easily see this going in like the credits of a Sonic game. Just sayin.

Plasmatic responds:

The first thing I always do before seriously going into a piece is figuring out how to match up the instruments, so thanks! And haha, I guess I'll go with that Sonic thing as well.

OOTHQ: The Lost Woods OOTHQ: The Lost Woods

an Orchestragasm.

Excellent variation of instrumental style. Keeps the tone within the applicable parameters for a "lost forest" theme. Truly hardcore zelda fans may hate on you for changing the melody in the middle, but be assured, it fit very well with the original. Props, man.

Cirno's Perfect Bit Rave Cirno's Perfect Bit Rave

Not bad... Good variety of themes.

This piece had a lacking beginning, but it really picked up the pace as it went. Good work. Keep it up.

Raigon50 responds:

I really cut up the original midi, so I had to kinda peice things together. The start is lacking. I tried adding other instruments, but when I did that, it felt like everything was just blasting at you. Yeah, it is a bit dull at first.

Thnx anyways. ^^

-=Force=- -=Force=-

Excellent sound choices.

Very clever choices of sounds, good variation of rhythm.